This policy is updated from time to time. The latest version is published on this page.
If you have any questions about this policy, please email [email protected]
We gather and use certain information about individuals in order to provide products and services and to enable certain functions on this website.
We also collect information to better understand how visitors use this website and to present timely, relevant information to them.
What data we gather
We may collect the following information:
- Contact information including email address
- Demographic information, such as preferences and interests
- Website usage data
- Other information relevant to enquiries
- Other information pertaining to special offers and surveys
How we use this data
Collecting this data helps us understand what you are looking for from the company, enabling us to deliver improved products and services.
Specifically, we may use data:
- For our own internal records.
- To improve the products and services we provide.
- To contact you in response to a specific enquiry.
- To customise the website for you.
- To send you promotional emails about products, services, offers and other things we think might be relevant to you.
- To send you promotional mailings or to call you about products, services, offers and other things we think might be relevant to you.
- To contact you via email, telephone for research reasons.
Cookies and how we use them
Cookie declaration last updated on 30/11/2018
|__cfduid||HTTP||1 Year||Used by the content network, Cloudflare, to identify trusted web traffic.|
|_fbp||HTTP||1 day||Used by Facebook to deliver a series of advertisement products such as real time bidding from third party advertisers.|
|_ga||HTTP||2 years||Registers a unique ID that is used to generate statistical data on how the visitor uses the website.|
|_gat||HTTP||1 day||Used by Google Analytics to throttle request rate|
|_gid||HTTP||1 day||Registers a unique ID that is used to generate statistical data on how the visitor uses the website.|
|collect||Pixel||Session||Used to send data to Google Analytics about the visitor's device and behavior. Tracks the visitor across devices and marketing channels.|
|CookieConsent||HTTP||1 year||Stores the user's cookie consent state for the current domain|
|fr||HTTP||3 months||Used by Facebook to deliver a series of advertisement products such as real time bidding from third party advertisers.|
|GPS||HTTP||1 day||Registers a unique ID on mobile devices to enable tracking based on geographical GPS location.|
|IDE||HTTP||1 year||Used by Google DoubleClick to register and report the website user's actions after viewing or clicking one of the advertiser's ads with the purpose of measuring the efficacy of an ad and to present targeted ads to the user.|
|PHPSESSID||HTTP||Session||Preserves user session state across page requests.|
|PREF||HTTP||8 months||Registers a unique ID that is used by Google to keep statistics of how the visitor uses YouTube videos across different websites.|
|test_cookie||HTTP||1 day||Used to check if the user's browser supports cookies.|
|tk_lr||HTTP||1 year||Collects data on visitors' preferences and behaviour on the website - This information is used make content and advertisement more relevant to the specific visitor.|
|tk_or||HTTP||5 years||Collects data on visitors' preferences and behaviour on the website - This information is used make content and advertisement more relevant to the specific visitor.|
|tk_r3d||HTTP||2 days||Collects data on visitors' preferences and behaviour on the website - This information is used make content and advertisement more relevant to the specific visitor.|
|tk_tc||HTTP||Session||Collects data on visitors' preferences and behaviour on the website - This information is used make content and advertisement more relevant to the specific visitor.|
|tr||Pixel||Session||Used by Facebook to deliver a series of advertisement products such as real time bidding from third party advertisers.|
|VISITOR_INFO1_LIVE||HTTP||179 days||Tries to estimate the users' bandwidth on pages with integrated YouTube videos.|
|YSC||HTTP||Session||Registers a unique ID to keep statistics of what videos from YouTube the user has seen.|
|yt-remote-cast-installed||HTML||Session||Stores the user's video player preferences using embedded YouTube video|
|yt-remote-connected-devices||HTML||Persistent||Stores the user's video player preferences using embedded YouTube video|
|yt-remote-device-id||HTML||Persistent||Stores the user's video player preferences using embedded YouTube video|
|yt-remote-fast-check-period||HTML||Session||Stores the user's video player preferences using embedded YouTube video|
|yt-remote-session-app||HTML||Session||Stores the user's video player preferences using embedded YouTube video|
|yt-remote-session-name||HTML||Session||Stores the user's video player preferences using embedded YouTube video|
|yt.innertube::nextId||HTML||Persistent||Registers a unique ID to keep statistics of what videos from YouTube the user has seen.|
|yt.innertube::requests||HTML||Persistent||Registers a unique ID to keep statistics of what videos from YouTube the user has seen.|
What is a cookie?
A cookie is a small file placed on your computer’s hard drive. It enables our website to identify your computer as you view different pages on our website.
Cookies allow websites and applications to store your preferences in order to present content, options or functions that are specific to you. They also enable us to see information like how many people use the website and what pages they tend to visit.
- Analyse our web traffic using an analytics package.Aggregated usage data helps us improve the website structure, design, content and functions.
- Identify whether you are signed in to our website. A cookie allows us to check whether you are signed in to the site.
- Test content on our website. For example, 50% of our users might see one piece of content, the other 50% a different piece of content.
- Store information about your preferences.The website can then present you with information you will find more relevant and interesting.
- To recognise when you return to our website. We may show your relevant content, or provide functionality you used previously.
Cookies do not provide us with access to your computer or any information about you, other than that which you choose to share with us.
However, please note that doing this may affect how our website functions. Some pages and services may become unavailable to you.
To learn more about cookies and how they are used, visit All About Cookies.
Controlling information about you
When you fill in a form or provide your details on our website, you will see one or more tick boxes allowing you to:
- Opt-in to receive marketing communications from us by email, telephone, text message or post.
- Opt-in to receive marketing communications from our third-party partners by email, telephone, text message or post.
If you have agreed that we can use your information for marketing purposes, you can change your mind easily, via one of these methods:
- Sign in to our website and change your opt-in settings.
- Send an email to [email protected].
We will never lease, distribute or sell your personal information to third parties unless we have your permission or the law requires us to.
Any personal information we hold about you is stored and processed under our data protection policy, in line with the Data Protection Act 1998.
We will always hold your information securely.
To prevent unauthorised disclosure or access to your information, we have implemented strong physical and electronic security safeguards.
We also follow stringent procedures to ensure we work with all personal data in line with the Data Protection Act 1998.
Links from our site
Our website may contain links to other websites.
Please note that we have no control of websites outside the elizabethcaroline.co.uk domain. If you provide information to a website to which we link, we are not responsible for its protection and privacy.
Always be wary when submitting data to websites. Read the site’s data protection and privacy policies fully.